For more than 18 years, FAZ Creative Education Learning Center has provided high-quality care and education to infants, toddlers and children up to five years of age. Over the course of the upcoming academic year, FAZ will provide developmental screenings, observational assessments, Creative Curriculum, Little Pim, Brightwheel and in-house professional development to all staff members.
To ensure that every child enrolled is equipped with the foundational skills they need to succeed in school, FAZ is currently seeking certified early childhood teachers to support our Twos and Preschool classrooms.
- Provide a safe, supportive and hygienic environment for all children and staff
- Plan and implement Creative Curriculum-based lessons, activities and guided play
- Administer developmental screenings
- Complete regular observational assessments
- Coordinate sponsored events
- Supervise assistant teacher(s) in the use of Brightwheel, which we use to communicate with and send reminders to parents/guardians
- Maintain professional development and certification requirements in accordance with the Fairfax County Office for Children’s standards
- CDA, AA or BS/BA in early childhood education (or related degree) required
- Prior work experience in early childhood education or related field preferred
- Strong interest in and commitment to early childhood care and education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and strategic skills
- Flexibility and emotional maturity to navigate through challenges
- Must be available to work from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to FAZCELC@gmail.com.
Compensation is based on experience. CPR and first aid certifications, along with a cleared background check and TB screening, are required prior to employment.