For more than 18 years, FAZ Creative Education Learning Center has provided high-quality care and education to infants, toddlers and children up to five years of age. Over the course of the upcoming academic year, FAZ will provide developmental screenings, observational assessments, Creative Curriculum, Little Pim, Brightwheel and in-house professional development to all staff members.
To ensure that every child enrolled is equipped with the foundational skills they need to succeed in school, FAZ is currently seeking part-time assistant teachers to support our Toddler, Twos and Preschool classrooms.
- Provide a safe, supportive and hygienic environment for all children and staff
- Assist lead teachers in planning and implementing:
- Developmental screenings
- Observational assessments
- Curricular activities
- Guided play
- Sponsored events
- Use Brightwheel to communicate with and send reminders to parents/guardians
- Maintain professional development and certification requirements in accordance with the Fairfax County Office for Children’s standards
- High school diploma/GED required
- CDA or progress toward an AA/BS/BA in early childhood education preferred
- Strong interest in and commitment to early childhood care and education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and strategic skills
- Flexibility and emotional maturity to navigate through challenges
- Afternoon availability (1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) strongly preferred
- Specialization in music, art and/or physical education strongly preferred
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to FAZCELC@gmail.com.
Compensation is based on experience. CPR and first aid certifications, along with a cleared background check and TB screening, are required prior to employment.